Sunday, December 17, 2006

Seoul at Night


After the orphanage visit we headed to Jun Bum's grandmother's house. There we had another wonderful lunch with Korean fried chicken, ribs and various side dishes. Sorry I do not have photos to show you. I am writing this at a computer in an herbal doctor's clinic where we are getting free acupuncture, massage and back adjustments. Long story short, Jun Bum's family have many connections!

Back to Seoul. We finished lunch, oh and the fried chicken is probably the best I've had! Then headed to Indongsung (shoot...I left the spelling of this at home!) It is a place where all tourist got to shop. Imagine, a street about 2 miles long stuffed with street vendors, food vendors and tall buildings filled with yet more vendors. Jun bought a $5 watch, I bought some traditional gifts and we ate the most amazing rice cakes I've had! I have photos and will post this later - again... at an herbal, acupuncture, back massage Doctor's office! :)

The rice cakes were so beautiful! We also ate some street food including bugs. I think Jun wanted to freak us out - but if you know Shayne and myself, food is nothing to ever fear! We ate the bugs without a second thought. They tasted nutty but a little bland.

The sun began to set and so Jun called his cousin to pick us up. Jun's cousin, Young Joe (easy to remember) is a small time gangster. I'm not kidding. He was a bully all through school, now makes a lot of money selling puppies and apparently, has another lucrative job that Jun doesn't know about. Young Joe's car was amazing! Some sort of black luxury vehicle with GPS AND DVD/TV on the front dash - which I think is an awful idea but seems to fit here- and tinted windows. He picked us up at the corner, blocking traffic and blaming the other driver's for being in his way. This is standard practice... oops.. gotta go, Shayne is done being manipulated by the doctor so we are off to venture Korea by ourselves today. More later!

No comments: