Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I Was So Mad!

Some street vendor lady tried to rip me off!

We were in Seoul again and I saw this adorable medium sized dog. His ears were like butterflies and he was black and white. We made a connection. He belonged to this street vendor selling savory pancakes. I asked her how much. She said something and I swore it was $1. I was holding my $5. She said no...no...I thought she didn't have the change yet since it was pretty early. So I called for Jun and Shayne and asked them for some change. I gave her a $1..she said no again and Jun asked what was the problem. She said the pancakes were $9!!!!!!!!! WHAT?????? Jun got a look on his face...Shayne knew right away but I was asking if she needed coins. What an idiot.

We just walked away. Jun told me not to go buy things by myself unless the signs have the prices. I'll be ripped off on purpose. That really made me angry. I was angry the whole time while we had coffee at the PRETTIEST Dunkin Doughnuts in the world! This shop was a doughnut dream! Not like the ghetto ones I know of where napkins are stuck to the floor and half the doughnuts aren't made.

Angry.

I learned the phrase Boo Sai Oh! Too expensive! What I wanted to learn was: That's ridiculous you mean old lady! Who do you take me for?

In the states, people - well, most of the time, think I look...something. They always say I look like something. It is their way of being nice and asking what am I. I look half Asian.

In Korea - I do not blend. My eyes are huge and I walk boyish like with confidence. My forehead says, "Rip me off please, I am a white person!"

Well. I am over it now. I just hope other tourists do not pay that much for pancakes. Ridiculous. I am glad that the 10 or so other street vendors I have ordered from were honest.

Instead of the savory pancakes I got the biggest Korean Corn dog for $2. It was pretty good with ketchup. The Ketchup here is not so sweet and I kinda like it better! After I took a bite of my corn dog, I noticed another kind of corn dog. This one, I call the Destroyer. It was as big as mine, but managed to crawl on top of a basket of french fries and murder them. It rolled itself on top of the fries, squishing them to its body then jumped into the hot oil; forever sealing the fries to itself.
I have to have one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your description fo the destroyer has made me so hungry I can't stand it! That sounds like the coolest invention ever made. Hope you don't run into any more mean old ladies!

Anonymous said...

I want a destroyer!

Anonymous said...

I want a destroyer!

Anonymous said...

i want a destroyer

K.G.B.