Thursday, August 17, 2006

Why Do You Listen?


Tell me why you listen to Northwest Public Radio? I really want to know. I am working on a project to collect your thoughts on NPR. So email me: sramella@wsu.edu

Personally, I appreciate the style. I don't like to be yelled at. I like to listen to differing ideas without my blood pressure rising. I like how shows can have two very different guests on and everyone seems respectful. Sometimes, you can feel the tension between guests but everyone remains respectful.
Of course, there was that time on Fresh Air...Interview with Bill O'Reilly

Why do you listen?

3 comments:

Katja R. said...

Zdravo from the Yakima Gulag Literary Gazett!
I listen because NPR gave the best coverage during the Balkans wars of the 1990s, and because there's no Rush Limbaugh, no Sean Hannity, no Mike Savage, when you guys don't have something to say there's nice peaceful music!
I like that there is an attempt at balanced coverage, and I like the people at NWPR too.
I am a big folk music fan, so I listen for that programming quite a bit too. I'm not a big jazz fan, but sometimes that show is good too. AnYtHinG but the depressing C&W or even more depressing and limited rock locally. Give my blog a visit, there's cool stuff there and you might like it!

Sueann Ramella said...

Thanks for the comments! I tried to contact you through your blog but got denied by the system. Please let me know how I can get a hold of you for a possible interview? my email is sramella@wsu.edu

Katja R. said...

Dear Ms. Ramella, I sent you an e-mail from my gmail account, I don't know why there was a problem reaching me by way of my blog, I have comments moderation, and I just switched to the Blogger Beta, perhaps that's the problem, various people have had assorted annoying problems with Blogger since. Some people can't post pictures, I can't link directly from YouTube anymore I HAVE to embed if I want a video. So perhaps for you it's the comments feature, I can't do comments on some blogs which I regularly commented on before. I don't know what the deal is. I can comment on most blogs with no problem.