Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Identity Angel


A while ago my Husband's credit card information was stolen. He caught it early! He is very good at monitoring our finances...very good. Too good in fact. A Girl can have more than 6 purses you know!

Back to the story. He noticed that we "purchased" Russian cosmetics and knew it wasn't me. I use Lancome. He uses Estee Lauder! We were lucky because our entire identities were not stolen. You may have heard stories of serious I.D. theft. Russian cosmetics is powder compared to lost jobs, thousands stolen or a lifetime of ruined credit.

On All Things Considered they introduced us to Identity Angel. It is a program that trolls the Internet looking for your name, social security number and birth date. If it finds all three, it will try to contact you. This program is trying to PREVENT identity theft and educate us on how to protect ourselves. Listen to the story.

I for one would LOVE another Angel to email me. I have been watching season 3 of Angel and season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. These series are very intelligent! There's character development, conflicts of all sorts, and great writing. I highly recommend it and so does NPR's TV Critic! David Bianculli

3 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Hey. I was just trolling through the Technorati blog listings to see if my blog was showing up since I'd made some recent Buffy/Angel-related posts and saw yours. We both picked that same last picture. I just finished watching all of the Buffy and Angel episodes this summer for the first time and loved them!

Sueann Ramella said...

Aren't they good? I am going between liking Angel more...then Buffy. I must admit that Spike influences me!

Katja R. said...

I wish Carnivale would come back! I liked Buffy too though, my son was much more of a fan, but do we blame him? NOOOOO!