Monday, August 28, 2006

PHC Movie at the Kenworthy Theatre


WOW! The Prairie Home Companion movie event at the Kenworthy in Moscow was a blast! Didn't it feel down-homey and intimate? I missed the music but heard that Charlie Sutton and Ben Walden did a fabulous job, the pie was great and the food went fast!

Everyone loves it when Robin Rilette and Dan Maher are hosting! (above photo) They are a hoot!

This event was the brainchild of my co-worker, Tom Hungate. (grey shirt on the left) He is an amazing resource of ideas - he is very good at community minded, fun events. After all, he put this one together! I know he also had a crew helping him so KUDOS to everyone on staff and at the Kenworthy for your work! Also, thank you to Cyrus O'Leary for the pies and our sponsor, Hayden and Ross, CPAs in Moscow!

Special note on Tom; he introduced me to a series on PBS called The New Heroes . I highly recommend you listen to the stories of Fabio Rosa of Brazil and Sompop Jantraka of Thailand. They are doing amazing work - simple and yet great works. It gives us hope.

The house was packed! Thanks for coming and enjoying the night with Northwest Public Radio! I hope to see you at the live performance of a Prairie Home Companion on Oct. 7th!

2 comments:

Katja R. said...

Wonderful pictures! I sent you an e-mail some days ago, did you get it?
Take care! That looks like it was a lot of fun wish I'd been there!

Sueann Ramella said...

Thank you Yakima_gulag, I did get the email and will write you later today! Thank you!