Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh. That's Me.

Day 4:
So I am sitting in Control 2 transcribing Listener Testimonials. These are short audio files of our members encouraing listeners (not you because you're already a member) to become members and support NWPR. I'm happily typing away. Giddy at the thought of finishing this major project today....when sniff sniff. Man. I smell like garlic! I unzip my jacket and smell it. No. I lift up my t-shirt and smell...nope. What the heck? I thought. It must be my lunch. But I don't have garlic in my lunch today. Then there it is...that white plastic blob...pillowy and smelling like GARLIC!

You see, while you can compost chicken bones after boiling them down, or removing all meats...I don't have the time this week.

I read Tess's blog today and she's right on when she says:
I think the best way to get people to reduce their waste stream is to make it easy, manageable, and [ahem] palatable for them to do so.

Maybe there's a big business in this? Instead of Scrap Booking...Table Scrapping? A truck comes around, picks up scraps/bones...compost them and sell it back to us! Or something like that.

I sure feel sorry for the next Board Operator/DJ...Maybe I'll play on a joke on them and come into control 2 and ask..."What smells in here?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that was YOU!

Thanks. Thanks a lot. ;)

Unknown said...

How did the rest of the week go?