Friday, June 22, 2007

Out for A While, Thinking of You

I am in a cafe, in the West side and contemplating traffic. My mind is busy swirling around thoughts of pollution, SUVs, gas prices, the changing of the weather, the processes of Mother Nature, the life of humans...and why the heck would I want take 167 from Auburn to Puyallup at 5:05pm?? Insanity!

I remember when my hometown was half its size in population. That was in 1996. The South Hill mall was 75% full of merchants at best - we thought for sure the mall would close. But the owners probably did their population growth charts and knew better than we that this area would explode. At least there is still the horse ranch near my parent's place. I used to drive past it everyday on the way to school and think, "How nice of a 'country' lifestyle we live in." LOL. One horse ranch, now surrounded by noisey traffic, a mega highway stretching out above the horse's mane.

I'm thinking of you and how much fun I have with our one way communication. I know sometimes I make you smile, make you go, "What was she thinking?" or "What just happened?" or... she sounds NPRish today. If only we could talk all day about the news, the traffic, the weather together! I'll be back soon. Till then....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Ellensburg,WA and my friend brought home this woman he met in Seattle. She spent the night and the next day at lunch, mentioned how sleeping in Ellensburg was like CAMPING. (?!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sueann, I like your posts. Traffic and growth are headaches, but that's just part of living around other humans I guess.