Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Good Show, Say It Ain't So Dad!


Thanks for having me back! So today's show was a bit entertaining to me. First, the latest updates about Iraq.White House Report on Iraqi's Progress Then we lighten it up with some choice kids songs you will like too.Kid's Songs But then...then we have time to catch up on R. Kelly's court proceedings? Yuk! I am not even going to post a link to that story. Which reminds me of something...So while I was home hanging with my folks I learned a terrible thing about my father. Here's the scene:
Me upstairs. Dad in rec room watching TV news. Mom brewing tea in Kitchen.
Dad: "Oh I don't believe this Hon! Hey Honey! Can you believe this?"
Mom: "What is it?"
Dad: "This is ridiculous. That girl needs to get a job. That's her problem!"
Me: (thinking in my head)...OMG. Is he talking about what I think he's talking about?
Mom: "I think so. Too easy life."
Dad: "If they let her go..."
Me: (yelling down the stairs) "Oh My God Dad! Are you REALLY watching a story about Paris Hilton? Please, my love for you depends on the answer!
Dad: "I don't know what you're on about!"
Me: (running down the stairs into the rec room) "Dad. Seriously. This is so upsetting to me! You are watching COURT TV??? Oh Dad! It's Paris Hilton! Aren't there better things to watch? Like...an infomercial or something?"
Dad: "Shut up! (said lovingly I assure you) She'd be a pretty girl if she ate something and didn't dress like a hooker."
Me: (rolling eyes) "Dad. You're always complaining that there isn't any real news on. Look what you're doing. You're feeding the beast Dad...Just look at yourself Man! (shaking head and pointing and being dramatic) "MOM! Dad is watching crap tv!"
Mom: "Her friend... what's her name? Nicole Ritchie? She needs to eat too!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! I can just see it all unfolding with Mum and Dad! It's good to have you back, Missy - or should I now call you the Crap News Police?

~G

Anonymous said...

...I'll admit it. I like to watch The View. The worst part is that I'm a guy. I feel so ashamed.

Sueann Ramella said...

Oh Buckboard, there is no shame is telling the truth and knowing your weakness for the View! We all have one! I watch Nancy Grace on CNN ... sometimes...I mean...once in a while. When nothing else is on.

Anonymous said...

That was pretty funny about your parents! I'm just wondering what all the fuss is about the Beckhams moving to L.A? Who cares???????