Monday, June 04, 2007

How Was Graduation?


So...did you go to a party? Did you finish your thesis? Did you finish high school? How do you feel? Or, are you a supporter of a grad? How do you feel?

When I graduated from high school I felt like it was just one step toward my future. I thought I would be participating in at least 2 more cause I wanted a PhD. Well, I don't think I want to put in the time and work for a PhD anytime soon!

Here is the story on ATC this evening that made me ponder graduation.High School Graduation

2 comments:

Katja R. said...

About two weeks before graduation I caught the 3 week measles, and lost a bunch of weight. I bet you didn't know measles is worse for people past puberty than it is for kids. I was down to 84 lbs from a weight of 95 lbs. I could not attend graduation for that reason alone, and to add insult to injury, I had to go back and do some math because I lost math time in the course of all my family's many moves as I was growing up. My son didn't choose to attend his graduation. He was going through a slightly anti-social stage, my daughter went to all the parties, and went to her ceremony, and it was great fun for both of us.

Anonymous said...

I know many people don't attend graduation. School is school and many people don't even like school. It is forced in us from youth so I don't really blame people for not attending. Just adds to their bad memories..lol.