Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oh Baby!


Today on ATC we heard about a book called, "Everything
Conceivable" Listen to report here. It takes a look at how and when we conceive and how the lucrative fertility business is influencing both men and women's reproduction.

I found it interesting that the author thinks doctors should be more forceful in limiting the number of eggs implanted. Normally, it is the patient who decides the number of eggs -you can ask for a whole lot! Whoa. She thinks it is far too dangerous for both mother and child. I keep hearing her say, "The womb is a single occupancy room..." or something like that.

My imagination goes crazy thinking about this "FOR RENT" sign on a gal... then I imagine a sign that says, "One Room Needs Several Occupants. Inquire Within." Doctors told her that many patients want twins, or triplets. Honestly, I would like twins but it's all about efficiency to me.

Two birds with one stone...then I can adopt the rest you know? But her point is that we are creating health problems. Babies born premature have health problems, some twins take nutrients from each other and die...

We are in a society that practically gets whatever it wants...and on the flip side, if you don't want babies OR periods OR cramps how about Librel? Here's a blurb about it on Planned Parenthood:

"One such development on the horizon is Librel, a continuous-use birth control pill. Where Seasonale limits periods to just four per year, Librel would eliminate periods completely. The manufacturer of the new regimen is expected to seek FDA approval in 2005. Stay tuned."

Well it's 2007 and goodbye period! I couldn't find any Librel sites...so here's my opinion.

We can do anything we want with technology! But that's not always a good thing for everyone. Thoughts?

There was a point in my life that I swear would make a good Lifetime For Women movie. One couple who can't have kids looking into adoption, their friends, who can't have kids doing fertility treatments, their couple friends suffering a miscarriage then affair...and the couple friend of them all who can have kids, want kids but for some reason aren't.

No comments: