Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thank You Caller


Whoever you are, thank you very much! You made my day and I am happy to be in your living room every M-F. Your enthusiasm for NPR was contagious! I was buzzing with confidence. Your call made me remember why I love what I do! Thank you caller!

Not all my phone calls are so nice. I remember one late night when the phone rang...
"Northwest Public Radio, this is Sueann."
"Uh...yeah. Is this Northwest Public Radio?"
"Yes it is. How can I help you?'
"Uh...yeah...well. Who am I speaking to?"
"I'm Sueann Ramella, sir."
"Sir? Don't call me crap like that!!!"
"....excuse me?"
"Fight the institution man! Don't use titles!"
"Okay. What can I do for you? (big mistake to ask!)"
"Me? Here's what you can do for me! I want you to drink a six pack, get on the air, quit your job man! You gotta get out of there! I mean the institution will eat you up! and I want the blood of your program director on a piece of paper! Mail it to me!"
"Okay, I have here you want me to drink beer on the air, quit and have my supervisor mail you his blood?"
"Yeah man!"
"...well, thanks for the call. I'll pass it on! Can I have your address?"
He hung up.

For some interesting stories on other calls and or requests read Robin's entry: Robin's Calls

No comments: