Monday, November 26, 2007

Week Overview of Water Conservation Challenge

Day 3 came and went...then Day 4 was Thanksgiving and well...conserving water went down the drain. Which reminds me of my trash challenge - that convenience outweighs conservation a lot.

Frankly, I am disappointed by this challenge because it is really hard to gauge my water usage. I have a friend who knows a student that is working on a water calculator. He will get me in touch with her soon. Maybe I will try the challenge again?

The only thing I know for sure is I am more aware of the amount of water it takes to do well...anything! I have trained myself to not be queasy at yellow toilet water. I also don't have the water on full blast when I do the dishes or brush my teeth. I have it at a small, steady stream.

Yeah. I'm bummed out about this challenge.

O.K. I'm over it now. On to my next challenge! The Buy Nothing Christmas! Any thoughts?