Friday, November 16, 2007

Ready? Set? Slash!!!



Here I go! Monday, Nov. 19th is when I start my water conservation challenge. I will end on Nov. 26th.

My goal: Decrease the amount of water I used by 50%!!! My fair Pullman is mailing me my household average. I will post that on Monday. But so far, I have learned the average person uses 80-100 gallons a day. I wonder what my average is? 90?

RULES
1. All my water usage counts. So visits to friend's toilets count in my challenge.

2. I will recycle my water as much as possible - example: Used Bath water in the washing machine. Which is going to be a pain because my washing machine is in the basement.

3. While there may be medicinal reasons people drink urine, I will not.

4. Alcohol does not count. hehehe


Those are my rules. If you have suggestions let me know before Monday!

Sometime next week I will have an interview with Mike Barber, who works for the State of Washington Water Research Center. I'll share with you what I learn!