Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted

Actually, I voted early at the courthouse. I was wearing a knit cap, fleece and using a knock-off Gucci bag; It was a gift I swear!

I started to over heat in my little voting cubby. Here I am, voting in a historic election! I read the directions slowly to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

Then I planted that "I Voted" sticker on my fleece and felt fantastic!

Historic.

A black man as president or a white woman as vice president.

Our country moves quickly. The Civil Rights Act was signed in 1968. The Equal Rights Amendment passed in 1972.

Ladies and Gentleman, we may have complaints about our politics. We may focus on what is wrong with our country, but today, well...we've come a long way baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck yeah, this is awesome! Best Election Ever!

Muddy said...

Late but present, Ms. Ramella... the Equal Rights Amendment passed Congress, but was never ratified by enough states.

I will leave snarky comments about this fact to snarkier and cleverer minds.