Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Morning

If you subscribe to Northwest Public Radio's E-newsletter, Connect, you would have known that Gillian Coldsnow is now our Assistant Operations and Programming Guru. Which means, she will not be on the air to greet you in the mornings. Instead, I will attempt to fill in as Morning Edition host. I am very thankful to Gillian, Robin and Kerry for their mentoring. We have a wonderful and supportive staff here at Northwest Public Radio!

I am looking forward to the new challenges and schedule!

I am also looking forward to a local series we are working on. In the next couple of weeks we will start a coversation about water on Morning Edition. Some of the issues we want to talk about include Columbia River Basin Irrigation, and conservation of water.

Do you have any stories or questions about water usage in the Northwest? Have you ever thought about the water as a limited resource?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sueann;
I'm glad for the chance to comment on the subject of water, our most precious resource. I am a retired NRCS Soil Conservationist, and have worked on water use over the entire columbia basin from Ritzville to Yakima since 1980. I can tell you; We've come a long way, We're not done, and it took too long! We are behind the curve on water use. Something has to give, and it won't be the water. It is finite, and dwindling.

Sueann Ramella said...

Hi Mr. Aylsworth! Thank you for your comment. I learned a lot about water issues in then NW but it seems I only touched on some basics. It does seem like programs are started....late? I wonder, do you think there is plenty of surface water but we need to find a way to capture and store it? Is it the ground water that is dwindling?