Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Experiment: Driving Less; Dog Whisperer

First, I have to apologize to you if you were anxiously waiting for me to dig through the grocery store garbage. I have given myself permission to...not do it. I may have disappointed you, but to be my authentic self I must let this go. However, I did do a stake out at the local Bag-Yo-Self store. While there and trying to strategies my attack, I saw a young couple in an old Buick drive right up to the dumpster and scan it! So I have decided to let them have it.

To go along with NPR stories and my experimental themes I have decided to DRIVE LESS!Which means I may be shopping less :( , exercising more :) , saving on gas money and may even feel a slight superiority gained from this sacrifice. I ride my bike TOMORROW!


Above: Photo of my Jr. High years bike. Rode up some big hills on this baby! But my favorite bike was my elementary school bike...a pink Huffy with a huge seat. I think it was a Thunderpuff? Or that may have been my nickname for her. We did a lotta pop-a-wheelies and rear skids! I would LOVE to see that bike again.

Today's Bike... a TREK Bike like the one below. Apparently, a very good bike. I'll share the history of how we met later.


FYI: Gillian Coldsnow is SERIOUSLY considering a motorcycle or super scooter purchase!

About the Dog Whisperer:


I have a new family member named Belle. She is a beautiful, brown eyed black lab border collie mix. She is a big girl compared to my Shih Tzu, Mochi. Belle is an alpha female. Apparently, I am her roommate. Well...that's all about to change! I'm the alpha female now BEEOOUCH! (said with loves and coos and pets and high pitched voice baby talk) Gillian Coldsnow loaned me the Dog Whisperer book, I have the first season DVD AND Robin Rilette is my consultant.

Let's get started!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's really cute..wish i had one too.

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!