Monday, December 10, 2007

Soapy Water, Theatre People and Taxi

I went to Soap Lake to visit my friend, Bobbi (with no E). We had a great visit and she took me to a Masquers Theater Holiday Party. I managed to almost embarrass her and myself several times. I love meeting strangers. Especially ones full of drama. Many asked me why I was there and I told them I was there to celebrate Hanukkah with Bobbi.

Person: "Oh!? Are you Jewish?"
Me: "No. I'm not one of the chosen people. But Bobbi is."
Person: "Bobbi? Really? I didn't know that?"
Me: "Yeah (finger to lips) but it's on the down low because she hasn't told her mother yet."
Person: " ...?"
Me: "Well. You know it's..."
Bobbi: "SUEANN! What are you doing?"

Bobbi made Latkes... which for the life of me I am saying LatKEYS and thinking of Latkah from Taxi. Remember that show? It came on at 7pm and after that was my bedtime. Yup. My parents let me watch Taxi and I went to be dreaming of Tony Danza.

Everyone at the party was associated with the Masquers Theater. They are very nice people and seem to attract men by the name of Don.

After settling in the Hostess, Mary, said I had to play a game.
Mary: "You have to tell us a secret about yourself that no one else knows!"
Me: "But I just met you people!"
Mary and Masquers Gang: "Oh! But you can say anything because we don't know you! Yeah but it has to be true!"
Me: "uh...ok... (the stares were intense - like theater lights!) Well. I don't think even Bobbi knows this...Sexual reconstructive surgery is really not that expensive."

They laughed. I got out of that one! Phew!

Then Bobbi took me to her secret club - the Businessmen's Club. Apparently, they have very cheap chicken dinners...that's why she became a member. I bought Bobbi and I two Cosmopolitans had made her pay. (They don't take plastic!) What was cool was talking to the ladies there about the attention spans of today's youth.

What was I talking about?

Oh yeah...today's youth. Attention... OH! LOOK! Flip This House is on!

Shoot. I really need to stop playing the video games, listening to my Ipod ALL THE TIME and chewing Bubbalicious.

Seriously. We met another Mary and she works with kids. She says it is a whole lotta work to get them to pay attention then what it used to be. This thought was confirmed by a Jr. High Art teacher recently. Unplug your kids people!

At Bobbi's house we lit the Menorah and watched the candles burn. Happy Hanukkah Bobbi!

The next morning I had to leave early to get to work - so I could talk to you, Dear Listener! But on my way out I stopped by Soap Lake to get some of the water.

All night long I heard about the healing properties of this Alkaline lake. Cancer curing, skin irritations curing...could it work on my allergies?

The water was delicious. I highly recommend it when you are craving fish.