Thursday, March 29, 2007

Quiet Now


It is 5:02pm on Thursday night. I am here in the studio, lights off in the hallways and the doors to the offices are closed and locked. Justin Reynolds is the only other person here and he is in studio 2 working on his shift. It's quiet. I only hear the gentle hum of my computer speaker and the audio from All Things Considered. It's very quiet considering that pledge drive ended last night. There were ringing phones, chattering, open doors, loud buzzing and some stress. Tonight, none of that.

I like these nights. I like to be alone with my mic and you listening on the other end. I like the relaxed atmosphere of the darkened halls and the little red lights on my Klotz board. I especially like these quiet, intimate nights when the days are long and I can leave at 7pm with the sun up. The feeling leads me into a soft evening and a sort of drifty dinner; When each bite is like the first and half the plate leaves me content.

My job is romantic at times.

Goodnight and thank you for pledging.
-sueann

No comments: