Thursday, January 04, 2007


We ventured to the Korean Folk Village - this was fascinating! I loved the hay roofs, the demonstrations and most of all...I loved that they filmed Dae Jeun Gum here!

This mini series is about a real female physician who lived during the Joseon Dynesty 1392-1910...I think her story is between 1495 - 1506. The Cliffnotes Version: Orphaned, enter Palace life, great cook, banished for treason, comes back to Palace, learns herbs and acupuncture, saves King. All this time, in love with a guard. The show was a must see in Korea - the food scenes were mouth watering!
In the Folk Village were the very houses in the mini series!

And there...in the corner was Dae Jeun Gum herself testing a pot full of soy bean paste!
Here I am with her! I am eating rice candy - it is hard at first, covered in flour...then you lick the flour off and soften the rice candy until it turns into a semi sweet taffy in your mouth! I loved this stuff...so did the pigs and the goats we met at the Folk Village! Korean pigs and goats!


Here they are making the rice candy!

No comments: