Friday, January 05, 2007

More Photos of the Korean Folk Village

Here I am being tortured by our young hosts. Jun's cousin, Zgu Young, and a family friend, Hyak Jun. Below is a photo of them and Jun.
Shayne and I drank this very earthy liquor.
It tasted like it was made from rice, tree roots and earth worms. Delicious. Shayne liked it but I like my liquor to taste like a blow pop while holding an umbrella. Expensive drinks I know, but it only takes one drink and I am sluring my words or crying.
Above is a shrine and the ribbons are prayers.
Here we are crushing rice and below is the hole the rice goes into. Women did this all day long.
Unless you were lucky and lived in this hut where the water grinds for you! That's the way to go! Oh...then you would be put to work making kimchi! :)

No comments: