Thursday, May 07, 2009

And the Season Begins! Dumpster Diving

It was this time last year that I experienced the joys and shock of dumpster diving. This time, I am going to bring along some friends, a caravan if you will, to experience the scavenging. I'll tell you all about it after this weekend.

I also want to share with you what I learned about green and sustainable living from WSU professors and researchers. Let's just say that there's a whole lotta thinking going on so you don't have to!

Back to Dumpster Diving.
On my way to work - 4am - I saw the first budding sign of the season. The solid wood chair with a broken leg, the couch kicked to the curb, the down comforter that cost someone (Mom, Dad?) at least $100.



And the familiar BBQ with gas still attached!




But what I learned from last year is that I can't save everything, so I left the BBQ and chair... but I did take a laundry hamper fold up thing. Why? It was light and I wanted to show my co-worker that the season is on!

No comments: