Thursday, August 21, 2008

Save Gas Drive a Scooter

I saw this: Best Scooters for You at NPR's website and thought you would find it interesting. With everyone thinking about saving gas and energy, scooters seem to be a great idea! Even Gillian Coldsnow, our Morning Edition host, is planning to take motorcycle lessons from Idaho Star. She has shared her enthusiasm for the scooter that looks like a motorcycle.

I like these a lot! But NPR and I suggest you consider the size and power of the scooter. Personally, I am still looking for my motorcycle and know that size and ccs matter!

I was gifted a 1985 Honda Nighthawk 700ccs but it acts like a 1000cc killer street bike. I am afraid of it.

The two times I rode it I felt it say, "Ride me faster you Wuss!" I lugged it in shame. The bike is too much for me and frankly, freaks me out! It was fun at 90 mph (Yes. I know that's bad) on a straight back road until I realized I was S-L-O-W-L-Y slipping off the seat! Came to a stop, tried to park and dropped the bike; New clutch lever on eBay was relatively cheap.


I hope to ride on a smaller, Sueann-friendly, motorcycle soon. Finding the right one will be important. My reasons are to use less gas, and with all conservation efforts there are sacrifices; rain, cold, heat, no radio. But the fun will be worth it! Of coarse, these scooters are really cool too! Especially the type Gillian wants. But it would look funny if I wore my leather gear on scooter! My fashion dictates motorcycle.

1 comment:

gate valves said...

im most countries, motorcycles are being used instead of automobiles. Its really cheap and it travels fast. The only down side of it is when it rains and also., you'l smell like smog