Monday, April 21, 2008

I Don't Need More Stuff! Why Is the Mall Closed?

Over the weekend I saw the John Butler Trio at the Big Easy in Spokane. They. Were. Amazing. It is such a pleasure to listen to talented musicians who have humility and genuine love for their art and fans. Check out the video. My favorite part: Life's Not About What's Better Than!



I think this song is a theme for what NPR has been covering; The environment. How much do we need to consume? What about our food? I had no idea that beef used up so many resources. Pork is better? Really? Listen to this interview that was on Day to Day.

I know. If we really thought about all our choices and life - respiration would be un-green. I heard someone on the radio say, "Why should we consume less? Live more green if India and China won't think about it too?" What do you think?

WINDOW INTO SUEANN'S LIFE:
After a great weekend, hearing this lovely concert, not buying anything at the clearance section of Macy's...I found myself aimlessly wandering Ross. I had an arm full of stuff. Nothing important to mention. I put it away. The mall closed. I walked out into the parking lot and thought...why do businesses close at 5pm on Sundays!? So I went to Walmart and aimlessly wandered the isles. I bought pupperoni for my dog.

I drove home and thought to myself... It is easier to buy and consume than to create. I had to get a consumer hit.

No comments: