Tuesday, October 30, 2007

David Sedaris Event PHOTOS


Above, myself and Station Manager (AKA one of my bosses) Roger Johnson. NOTE: David Sedaris asked for no photos to be taken. So I took photos of some guests!

It was a blast! David is so funny and...yes, said many things you can't say on public radio. I heard someone say, "He has a rather blue sense of humor doesn't he?"

It was great to see you there! And special thanks for coming and paying for the tickets...and being a member and also giving us a little extra. We raised a couple grand after the show and that really REALLY helps!

We got this message from a guest:
“I kept intending to send you a check and kept not having enough extra money to do it. My credit card balance is now low enough that I feel comfortable adding to it, so here you are. Your pledge drive at the David Sedaris show pushed me into sending now instead of later. The fact that it would only have taken 35 from each attendant to reach your goal really made me think, every dollar really does count!”

While I was checking out I saw David head across the street to the cafe there. I almost yelled, "Is that David Sedaris! OMG!" but decided to be mature and leave the hilarious man alone.






















2 comments:

Unknown said...

That show was truely remarkable. I still have no idea why he decided to come to our little town. Maybe he really likes apples, or maybe it was inspired by some sort of blind folded Pin the Tail on the Donkey with a map of the U.S. I guess I shouldn't question a good thing. To anyone who hasn't seen him live, I just want to say that I would highly recommend it, and it takes his writings to a whole new level. Also, if I ever get a rabbit, I'm going to name it Tile.

Sueann Ramella said...

To Buckboard,
I wanted to publish your comment but need you to "bleep" out one part. If you read this, please re submit your comment about Sedaris and how we paid him...and what you want to name your next pet! Thanks!