Monday, August 13, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes! Climate Changes So Does Sueann

I wanted to make this entry incredibly entertaining. Full of funny phrases, jokes and insight into Sueann's world. But...not today. Instead. You get straight up, plain Sueann blogpost.
What I want to tell you:
1. I am not shopping at Walmart as much as I used to.
2. I am using tote bags when I go shopping
3. I feel a need to buy environmentally friendly dish soap
4. I want a motorcycle bad.
5. I got rid of 2/3s of my belongings in a yard sale...including my precious Martha Stewart magazine library.
6. I'm eating better, feel healthier and buy from the Coop

Why I did this:
Because I have been influenced to change by...
1.NPR's Climate Connection Series
2. Laura Hartner, co-worker/friend, and her environmental-pals
3. The feeling of getting rid of things you don't need - Freedom
4. Necessity - moving to a smaller, more economical place
5. Realized I vote with my money
6. Realized I can afford to eat healthy, organic, humane foods when I'm not buying things I don't need.

There are a few other shows and stories that influenced me as well. I'll share those soon....and some Nine Inch Nails lyrics.

No comments: