Monday, October 09, 2006

PHC Was Here!

Here is the first picutre of many to come.

I had to post something right away! I promise to have more tomorrow or Wed. for you! What a super show! If you want to listen to it you can go on their site - sad to say there are no copies for purchase.

Prairie Home Companion
Here are some comments about the show!

I was going to send you a note and this made it easy. The Richland seniors ask that I pass on their undying gratitude for the second show, and also wanted me to let you know that they were very pleased with the seats they were assigned. The show was absolutely wonderful and we could not have been more pleased, unless, of course they had actually been able to shake the hand of Mr. Keillor! It turns out one of our folks used to work with Garrison’s sister while he was still pretty much a local star.

The concert was wonderful. The audience in the nose bleed section were treated to a good performance because of the big screens. Palouse City was well represented in my area with at least 6 members of the community including our City Mayor. THanks for bringing a great program to us.

Loved loved LOVED it!

I made the PHC show and wanted to see the later show but could not due to scheduling. “Unreal” is all I can say. I have loved the show for years, but now I have an even deeper respect to the craftsmanship involved. Garrison is a true master of his domain, and what a great band and supporting cast. Please get them out here again, it was worth every cent. Wylie and Charlie were great additions for the local color. A seamless production. Hopefully we did our part out here to help them do their job. Thanks for supporting the show,

It was absolutely one of the most awesome events (except for maybe the beach boys) that you have ever brought to Beasley. Would love to have him come again!!!

It was fantastic! I didn't want to say so before the show but I would've paid even more for the tickets than we did. Thank you so much for making this happen!

I talked to my parents last night and they had an absolute fabulous time at the show Sat. afternoon. Their seats turned out better than we thought and they were so excited and extremely happy to have had the opportunity to get to the show. They said they had a great time, the whole production was great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous event! Nice meeting you.

Gillian Coldsnow said...

A day I'll never forget. Six thousand people in all at both shows that day, the biggest event EVER in NWPR's history. I've seen the show before at its home, the Fitzgerald in St. Paul. It was certainly different in Beasley. It was BETTER.

Garrison smiled a lot (something we don't see very often, judging from pictures), he seemed quite taken by the Palouse - and who wouldn't? The skits and music were brilliant. I'm only sorry there wasn't enough time for Ruth Harrison, Research Librarian.

Loved all the lentil and cougar references - thanks in part to our good pal Marie Glynn who did a fantastic great job providing the show with the research! Sue Scott, Tim Russell and the great Fred Newman are even more of pleasure when you can SEE them on stage. Rich Dworsky and the Guys All-Star Shoe Band - you have my undying admiration. Wylie, Charlie and Stephanie - bravissimi! And the audience was so responsive and appreciative - even if you listenening to the broadcast on the radio, that enthusiasm was palpable.

Thank you to the wonderful audience, many of whom drove a long way to get to Pullman. You made NWPR proud.