Monday, July 24, 2006

A Story That Got to Me

I realize it has been some time, but this story on All Things Considered still haunts me.
12 years ago, All Things Considered did a report on two foster kids who were living in a group home. They decided to find these boys, now young men, to see how they were. I was left feeling aggravated and helpless. There was no one person, no one entity to blame for the outcome of their lives. Perhaps there could be a solution to the issues brought up in this piece – perhaps it is just life and that’s all.

I am not one to feel helpless for long so I decided to read about becoming a Foster Parent and information about adoption .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one got to me too. As a university student, there's not much I can do right now. But I've committed this story to my memory, and hope to do whatever I can as a future school counselor. My role will be small, but I hope I can help in some way.

Sueann Ramella said...

That is very smart of you. I often feel overwhelmed with the need in teh world. I have to go through those feelings. Then I realize that we must do our best, in any small or large way we can!