Thursday, July 20, 2006

City of West Richland Concert at the Pavilion


I was a little nervous about hosting a Concert in the Park in West Richland. Concerts In the Park, West Richland It would be the first time I hosted a symphony! But once I met the staff organizing the show, talked to some listeners and felt the ease of the night, I relaxed and had a lot of fun!

The performance itself was very charming! It was a rare opportunity to hear the Mid Columbia Symphony
and the Richland Light Opera Companyperform together.

The program included odes to American music with a great selection of patriotic pieces. It was very moving to hear each armed forces theme song while Veterans in the audience stood up.
I met many people that day who were happy to see us. The brother and sister donation duo, Paul and Hannah. They love anime, my kind of people!

I met several members of the symphony. One of whom is moving to the West side and promised to listen to us online. NWPR

And there was one couple that had me gushing because their sense of style was so Early American Ralph Lauren! They didn't look their ages – exercise, diet and taking it easy is their secret! And they swore by public radio to keep the wrinkles away!
Concerts in the Park are everywhere. I coordinate our online Arts Calendar and have become aware of many around the region. I highly recommend you attend your local concerts. There is a wonderful sense of community and the feeling that all is right in the world.

No comments: