Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yard Sale Success!

Just so you know, we made a little over $100 from our yard sale. I would say half of that money came from dumpster stuff. It was really hard to not say, "Oh I got it in the dumpster. $5 please." I honestly think that if we put more time and energy into our sale we could have made more cash, but our goal was to de-clutter and make a little money.

You may already know this if you are a yard sale person, but kid's stuff sells fast! My friend brought over loads of kid toys, clothes, even a high chair and potty - GONE like that! It was a real draw to the sale and probably go people to buy other stuff.

My next project is to create two xeriscape garden beds in the front yard. I did a report last month on xeriscaping and at first thought it was going to be about grasses and plain flowers. I was happy to learn that there are many options for the gardening who wishes to decrease their water use!

As for the beds, I plan to use broken up cement as the stones. This means I get to peruse alleyways and craigslist for discarded cement clumps.

No comments: