Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Josh Ritter Visits Northwest Public Radio


Northwest Public Radio is based in a small town with a big University. I went to college at Washington State University, stepped away from network TV news and got lucky by landing a job in public radio. I've been in Pullman a while. You know that song "It's a Small World?" It is true; VERY true in a small town with a large University. Take for example, Josh Ritter. He's famous you know. I have two of his CDs and recorded him on Conan O'Brien last month. Where was I? Yes. Small world. Josh Ritter is the son of Sue Ritter, who is the mentor of Shayne, who is the husband of Sueann Ramella! Did it get small in here?
I know Josh Ritter! I ate carrots with him at his parent's neuroscience Christmas party!

Josh came by the studios a few months ago and did an interview for the Saturday Show with Mary Hawkins. He was so polite, fun and sported a handsome new haircut. When I first met him, back in our carrot days, he had a full head of curly locks. Both looks suit him well. He played some amazing songs and then we talked fish. He was off to a dinner party with friends. He said he was going to make fish baked in rock salt. Hope it was delicious Josh and we hope to see you again!

Josh Ritter Official Site
Josh Ritter MySpace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To comment on your blog is to gild the lily. How can your perfection be improved upon?

But, I will take this opportunity to tell the world at large that I once gave Josh Ritter a handful of cash in a parking lot in Yakima, sometime after midnight. He gave me one of his CDs. I still have it. I'll bet Josh didn't keep my cash long.

Neither of us mentioned carrots.

Sueann Ramella said...

WOW! Interesting story... I'll try to fix the commenting section.